Friday, September 23, 2011

The New and Improved Narrative Review

Over the past few years, I've been buying books by the buck at a local Friends of the Library. The discards of wealthy OC patrons and matrons have enriched my library, but now my shelves are overburdened. My apartment is more like a miniature research library than a residence.  (For the sake of expediency, I've even organized the books according to the Library of Congress Call numbers. So far no entries in the DX section--the section dedicated exclusively to Gypsies.)

Until recently, I was completing a doctorate in English and only had time to read texts directly related to my dissertation. Since I officially became Dr. ASK, I now have the time to read some of these dollar books. More than ever, now is the time to return to blogging. Twitter . . . pshaw? Who wants to read 140 characters when they can read lengthy literary analysis? I think the market has spoken.

So here's the long of the long and the short of it: 1 book, 1 entry, 1 week.

This is the New Narrative Review. See you in seven days.

No comments: